Buying Organic Chicken: All You Need to Know
Have you ever wondered why organic chicken is better for you? In case you haven’t, you need to think about it. In the era where people are becoming more health conscious, the demand for organic chicken in Singapore is increasing. However, before you make a switch from regular chicken to organic chicken, you must have knowledge about the organic variant. Here is all you need to know about organic chicken. Let’s dive in!
Difference Between Conventionally Farmed Chicken and Organic Chicken
Wondering how organic chicken is different from conventionally-farmed or non-organic chicken? Well, you will find several differences!
Conventional farming involves growing the chicken to make a profit. In this case, the chickens are kept in various intensive conditions. For instance, the birds remain under artificial light for long hours to keep them awake. Moreover, they are fed different special products that lead to abnormal growth and make them fatter than usual. Antibiotics are also administered on a regular basis. As a result, the chicken develops poor immunity, and there is a high risk of infection.
On the other hand, organically farmed chickens are allowed to grow at their own pace in the natural environment. They are allowed to roam around the farming grounds without restrictions.
While the conventionally farmed chickens mature in just some weeks, the organically farmed chickens take a few months to mature.
What is Organic Chicken?
When the chicken comes with an organic label, it simply means that the chicken has been raised under several strict conditions. These chickens grow organically in their natural environment. During production, the growers of organic chicken are prohibited from using the following:
- Genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- Synthetic chemicals
Benefits of Consuming Organic Chicken
Now that you have a clear idea about organic and conventionally-farmed chickens, it is time to explore the benefits of eating organic chicken. Here are the prominent benefits you must know.
- As organically-farmed chickens are allowed to grow naturally at their own pace, they are healthier and more hygienic. The high content of omega-3 fatty acids and less saturated fat makes it ideal for proper cardiac functioning.
- Organic chicken tastes less artificial and more natural. They can make any dish more flavourful and tastier.
- Organic chickens are free of any kind of pesticides, antibiotics, and other drugs. That is why they are considered to be safe for consumption and will not have a negative impact on human health.
- Organic poultry farming is considered to be environmental-friendly. So, it helps in lowering carbon footprints and enables you to contribute towards the betterment of the environment.
By now, you must have a detailed idea of why you must buy and consume organic chicken. Now it is time to find the right place to get organic chicken meat. Are you in search of high-quality organic meat in Singapore? If yes, Kee Song can be the perfect platform for you. Whether you want chicken broth or flavoured collagen soup in Singapore, order them online and get them delivered to your doorstep.