Unlock the Nutritional Benefits of Chicken Bones with Homemade Chicken Stock
Are you looking to add more flavour and nutrients to your dishes? Stock made from chicken bones is the answer to all your concerns. However, store-bought chicken stock is often laden with sodium and lacks flavour. If you’re looking for a healthy and easy method of extracting the goodness of chicken bones, homemade chicken stock is your best bet.
A homemade chicken soup stock is the best way to extract the nutrients for the bones. Chicken stock is even better if you don’t like chewing on bones during your meal. Before diving into the benefits of chicken bones, you should know that chicken broth and chicken stock quite different. Chicken stock is thicker and more concentrated in nutritional value, whereas, broth is lighter.
Top 5 Benefits of Chicken Bones
1. Source of collagen – Chicken bones are a good source of collagen. When cooked, it turns into gelatine, proline, and glycin, which makes your bones stronger. If you or your loved ones are experiencing weak bones or any bone-related issues, a healthy dose of chicken stock can accelerate your recovery.
2. Get those good fats – Cooking with good fats is crucial; first, they add a tremendous amount of flavour, and second, they improve the absorption of vitamins. So, if you keep adding chicken stock to different dishes or just enjoy a bowl regularly, better health is guaranteed.
3. Rich in minerals – Chicken stock made from bones contains trace amounts of minerals. Since the human body cannot make minerals, yet these are extremely necessary, chicken stock is extremely beneficial for your well-being. The minerals can improve hormone regulation, functioning of the enzymes and so on.
4. Gut healing – Many people are often suffering from gut issues, especially given our irregular eating habits, sleeping patterns and the amount of pollution all around us. The collagen, alongside gelatin and glycine, reduces inflammation. Therefore, a bowl of thick chicken stock can be healing, not just for the soul but also for your gut.
5. Supports sustainability – Ethical arguments suggest that eating the whole bird is more sustainable and environment-friendly, considering the efforts provided to breed and nourish it. Hence, when you cook a chicken bone stock, you use the last drop of the nutrient, flavour and taste from the chicken.
The concentration of nutrients and flavour in chicken broth and stock can make all the difference in your wellness journey. The stock made from chicken bones improves your gut health, bone health, and overall well-being and supports sustainability.
Are you facing difficulties in finding good-quality bones in your local market? Order organically farmed and lactobacillus-fed chicken bones online from Kee Song!