Broiler vs. Kampong Chicken: A Healthier Choice for Your Plate
Are you among those people in Singapore who adore the thought of enjoying a delicious chicken supper but are frequently perplexed by the plethora of options at the supermarket or in your neighbourhood market? Although chicken is a flexible and popular meat, not all chickens are created equal. The truth is that broiler and Kampong (native) chicken differ greatly, and these differences can affect both your overall dining experience and your health.
Here, we will delve into the world of poultry and examine the variations between Kampong chickens and broilers.
The Drawbacks of Broiler Chickens Raised in Unhealthy Conditions
Let’s begin by discussing the broiler chicken – a popular option for chicken lovers. Usually raised for their meat, broiler chickens are noted for their rapid growth rates. However, there are several drawbacks to these birds to take into account.
In some unhealthy farms, broiler chickens are frequently fed a variety of growth-promoting additives to expedite their development. The goal of this practice is to have them reach market weight faster. The drawback is that the meat might contain undesirable chemicals as a result of these additions.
- Some suppliers raise these chickens in cramped quarters with no opportunity to go outside. This inactive way of living can harm the meat’s quality and cause health issues.
- Broiler chickens are more prone to illness because of their cramped and stressful living circumstances. Antibiotics are, therefore, regularly added to their feed to keep them healthy. Antibiotic overuse carries possible health risks and can lead to antibiotic resistance in humans.
Some certified suppliers in Singapore maintain optimal conditions during the rearing process, ensuring the production of healthy broiler chickens you can rely on. So, it is better to choose them.
Why Choose Kampong Chicken?
Now that we’ve explored some of the drawbacks of broiler chickens growing in unhealthy environments, let’s turn our attention to Kampong chicken and why it might be the right choice for your next meal.
- Typically, their diets during their upbringing consist of grains and plant and insect foraging. Unlike broiler chickens, this variety of chickens has access to the outdoors. Their freedom to roam and forage improves their general well-being by reducing stress and improving the quality of their meat. All these factors make it a unique flavour and leaner meat for people who are concerned about where their food comes from.
- Antibiotics and synthetic growth promoters are typically not used during their upbringing. It guarantees a healthier, cleaner product and lowers the possibility of antibiotic residues in the meat.
- It is a smart option for those who are concerned about their health because the meat is typically less fatty than broiler chicken.
Although unhealthy broiler chicken is more budget-friendly and easily accessible, the advantages of Kampong chicken are significantly superior. By selecting this chicken option, you’re not only investing in a more scrumptious and nourishing meal, but you’re also promoting a humane and sustainable method of raising poultry.
Kee Song is the best option if you’re searching for healthier kampong chicken or broiler chicken in Singapore. It’s the best place to get all the benefits of Kampong chicken at a reasonable cost.